Mental Health Support Teams Counsellor (30 hours)
Due to an expansion of our therapeutic services, we are looking to add to our team of qualified and experienced therapists who have a passion for working with children, young people, and families to join Time 4 You Psychological Services CIC.
You will be part of the Mental Health Support Team. Voluntary and community sector providers have formed a partnership to create the South Tees Mental Health Support Team. The partnership members include The Link, Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind, The Junction, A Time 4 you, ABC, Changing Futures Northeast, and Redcar and Cleveland Mind.
The team will work across South Tees to work in schools to deliver three core functions:
1. Support senior mental health leads in educational settings to develop and introduce their whole school or whole college approach to mental health and emotional wellbeing
2. Deliver evidence based interventions for mild to moderate mental health and emotional wellbeing needs
3. Provide timely advice to staff and liaise with external specialist services so that children and young people can get the right support and remain in education
Successful applicants must be qualified to a minimum Level 5 counselling qualification and have had a minimum of 200 face to face client hours, be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organised.
Applicants must be a member of a professional body, e.g., BACP and will be either accredited or working towards accreditation. A commitment to safeguarding, strength-based practice and equality are essential. Applicants will demonstrate the ability to engage with children, young people and families using a range of evidence based theoretical interventions to make a difference.
The successful applicants must be able to work across the South Tees in a variety of settings.
All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview, undertake an enhanced DBS check, and provide satisfactory references.
The final closing date for applications received is 5pm on Friday 27th May 2022.
JOB DESCRIPTION & ROLE
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The Time 4 You MHST Counsellor will provide therapy interventions aimed at improving psychological and wellbeing recovery outcomes for children, young people and families. As part of the continued developments of the Mental Health Support Teams (MHST) and the gaps that have been identified for counselling and wellbeing support of children young people and families in trailblazer settings, with a focus on issues impacting on children and families such as bereavement, loss, trauma, relationships and impacts of family issues and issues that may emerge due to the impact of Covid-19 on mental health.
A Time 4 You Psychological Services C.I.C. and its partners have agreed to collaborate to ensure more efficient use of resources and pathways. A Time 4 You will employ a suitably qualified and experienced counsellor to be placed with the lead provider (The Link) based in Middlesbrough.
Clinical & Professional Responsibilities
1. Provision of both individual and group counselling and wellbeing support across South Tees Schools settings, working with children and young people as part of the Mental Health Support Teams.
2. Deliver therapy as part of a whole school approach to improving outcomes for children and families.
3. Deliver evidence-based therapeutic interventions for mild to moderate mental health issues.
4. Assess suitability for and deliver evidence-based interventions for children and young people with mental health issues where identified.
5. Support the senior MHST mental health lead in each education setting to introduce or develop their whole school approach.
6. Give timely advice to school staff, and liaise with external specialist services, to help children and young people to get the right support and stay in education.
7. Exercise autonomous professional responsibility to work professionally and safely with children and young people referred for therapy intervention
8. Identify and report Safeguarding/Child Protection concerns to Line Manager at the earliest opportunity
9. Adhere to Safeguarding, Child Protection & Health & Safety policies.
10. Access supervision in line with professional standards set by the appropriate professional body.
11. Accept and gate-keep referrals via agreed protocols
12. Assess clients for suitability for therapeutic Interventions.
13. Formulate, implement, and evaluate therapeutic interventions for children, young people and families.
14. Utilise highly developed communication skills in working with children, young people, families, and partner agencies to fully understand presenting issues pertaining to therapeutic need.
15. Work collaboratively in achieving positive outcomes for children, young people, and families, across partners and supporting agencies.
16. Produce informative formulation plans and progress reports that provide a professional standing for work and outcomes being achieved.
17. Positively represent A Time 4 You within the South Tees MHST partnership, at multi-agency meetings and in forums.
18. Meet all data protection and organisational requirements relating to the collection and use of sensitive data, including the secure storage and usage client, company and partnership Information.
19. Ensure confidentiality is maintained across A Time 4 You and South Tees MHST partnership.
20. Keep clear and coherent records of all clinical activity in line with ethical practice standards.
21. Work closely with Line Management, ensuring appropriate feedback is given, or guidance is sought in order to deliver services to the best of our abilities.
22. Successfully liaise with partner agencies to provide a ‘team around the child/family’ approach for children and young people.
23. Adhere to the standards of practice and the professional and accrediting bodies (e.g., BACP, UKCP).
24. Ensure that client confidentiality (within the limits of Child Protection) is protected.
25. Consider Gillick competence in maintaining client confidentiality where appropriate.
26. Keep up to date with developments in the spheres of therapy to inform good practice.
27. Attend regular line management/peer supervision meetings, ensuring clear professional objectives are met.
28. Work in the best interests of children and young people, seeking guidance and support when necessary.
29. Work safely with young people and families in therapeutic settings, making reasonable adjustments to maximise access and minimise risk to self and others.
30. Work across a wide range of therapeutic needs e.g., low, medium, and complex, using the different elements of supervision and support appropriately to reflect on casework and practice.
31. Formulate and provide high quality written reports.
32. Evidence and record therapy outcomes using recognised clinical and approved digital tools.
33. Ensure case entry/recordings are accurate, secure, and up to date
Other requirements attributed to this role:
1. Always positively promote A Time 4 You and the South Tees MHST partnership.
2. Create a warm and safe environment for children, young people and families.
3. Lead by example, modelling high standards of practice at all times.
4. Take pride in, and celebrate children and families’ successes, however great or small.
5. Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice, being mindful of different approaches used across A Time 4 You and the South Tees MHST Partnership.
6. Offer healthy and constructive challenge to support good decision making
7. Embrace diversity and the strength this brings to the team and service
8. Work as part of an inclusive team to get things done in the best way possible.
9. Inspire others to be the best that they can be
Application deadline: 17/05/2021
Job Types: 30 hours, Contract runs for 1 year starting September 2022 with a view to extend as part of the MHST collaboration.
Please email our service manager Laura Huller email@example.com for an application form