Adoption Support Therapy Provision
We offer one of the best Adoption Support therapy services available
Adoption Support Work and Attachment Informed Therapy is specifically targeted at children and young people who have insecure or disrupted attachments which are impacting on their daily life. The therapist works alongside children and their care giver with the emphasis being on the therapist helping the caregiver and the child to develop secure attachments with each other by the care giver responding to the child’s emotional age rather than their chronological age. We are approved for providing Specialist Psychological Assessments and Therapeutic Services within the Tees Valley and Wider area.
With over 15 years experience working in counselling and psychotherapy and Attachment Informed therapeutic interventions. We have Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) trained therapists as well as Neuro development trained therapists who understand the impact of early trauma, separation and attachment disruption can have. We work to help children focus on calming the primitve fight/flight/freeze part of the brain.
What is the Adoption Support Fund?
- The ASF is a fund set up by the government in recognition that many adoptive families often need support due to the often very complex early start in life that their children have experienced. Our Time 4 You therapy team is highly committed to providing this specialist support to families who need this. Some of the specialist therapy provision that we can offer and is outlined by the ASF fund includes:-
- Dyadic Development Psychotherapy (DDP)
- Therapeutic Parenting
- Attachment informed therapy
- Play Therapy or Therapeutic Play
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing therapy (EMDR) or trauma therapy and
- Therapeutic Life Story Work
We also provide Specialist Therapeutic Needs Assessments for those children who would benefit from this in-depth assessment. Our consultant Clinical Psychologist Emma, has a number of years experience building strong therapeutic relationships with families and works along side our multi disciplinary team to provide this professional provision.